The Corsicana Country Club was founded in 1917 and is on the site of the old Corsicana Fishing and Hunting Club. The Clubhouse sits atop a scenic hillside overlooking much of Navarro County. Corsicana Country Club is the only private country club in Navarro County.
When the club opened, the golf course consisted of only nine holes, designed by a Scottish immigrant by the name of Willie Lorimer. The club wanted a complete course, and nine years later in 1926 the club sought out advice from world renowned golf course architected A.W. Tillinghast. Tillie, (as he liked to be called) was contracted by the club to redesigned the nine hole course and designed an additional nine holes, making the 18 hole course which stands today. In that regard, Corsicana Country Club is proud to be one of only six courses in the state of Texas to have one of A.W. Tillinghast Original Designs. The last known date A.W. Tillinghast visisted the course was on March 16th 1937 by the request of P.G.A. member E.M. Hitt.
In spring 2007 the club elected to rebuild the greens with Champion Bermuda Grass using their exclusive “No-Till Renovation” process. Champion, which is one of the world’s finest turf grasses for greens, along with the 18 hole, 6,563 yard, par 71 layout, makes this course one of the most enjoyable courses to play in north Texas.
The Club also offers lighted tennis courts and a remodeled swimming pool pavilion with a snack bar. In the Clubhouse, a large attractively furnished dining room is an excellent setting for events, seasonal parties, banquets, wedding receptions, and televised sports events. A smaller and less formal Grill is available for dinner and luncheon dining.